Thursday 22 August 2013

Review of My Mr Manny by Jennifer Garcia

I was given a advance reading copy for an honest review. It's what I think of the novel.
My Mr Manny is a story of a struggling girl Mia Balducci, who from childhood never found the happiness and the family she seeks,than one day she meets a guy namely Alex from her childhood and they fell in love and get married and have a girl Lucia and from this point the novel fast forwards and now Lucia is big but her parents get separated. In the beginning Mia tries to raise her on her own but she soons realized that she won't be able to match her schedule with the getting day by day busy schedule of Lucia and than arrives the Manny, the prefect man and than the story is about how they find love and how Lucia finds a father.
First I appreciates the author for her work and and for choosing a topic to write a novel,which others these days doesn't choose. Today market is flooded with young-adult novels so I appreciates it. The story was good and upto point and I especially liked the character of Mia, a woman who was willing to raise her child on her own and Dominic is a perfect man who never shown any bad signs. But I found few faults like Mia started becoming a dependent woman and that Dominic is a perfect man except one fault, I think there should have been more characterization on the Dominic's side and a little experiment with Mia becoming dependent is out of league. There are other characters too but they all have minor roles and I found them enough worked on. I never get bored while reading it and never thought of putting it away it kept me engage with itself throughout the whole book.
So if I gave my final verdict to the story it will be I enjoyed it and it have some good moment of it and it was a new experience after so much of a flood of young-adult lately so I'll be giving it four and half stars out of five.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for reading and reviewing my story. :)

    ReplyDelete